West Chester University Payroll office
The Payroll Office of West Chester University
is a dedicated team of professionals committed to paying university employees on-time and accurately, providing university employees with reliable, responsive, and timely customer service, retaining knowledgeable staff who understand payroll processes from start to finish, utilizing technology effectively in the operation of the payroll function and supporting the University in its efforts to achieve its mission.
eTime is the PASSHE time reporting system utilized for Student Payroll.
Employees have a variety of support options:
Employee Self Service
- Payroll tab will allow employees access to online copies of your printed pay statements, manage W-4 withholding, view/change W-2 election, and view online W-2 form (if you have elected to receive the W-2 online).
- The Help tab includes details on understanding your Pay Statement and updating W-4 form.
WCU Payroll Support
Employee Hiring Forms
- Classification / Request to Hire Staff
- Temporarily Working Out-of-Class
Student Employee Hiring Forms
- Federal Work Study Pre-Authorization Requests
- Hourly Student Employees
- Contract Student Employees (Graduate Assistants and Residence Assistants)
Student Payroll (part of the Payroll Office) supports Student Employment by ensuring students are paid on-time and accurately. The Student Payroll team also administers and maintains the eTime time management system for hourly student employees.
The Student Payroll page provides more information for student employees for:
- Using eTime;
- Guidance and FAQs on the hiring process; and
- Guidance and FAQs for employee paperwork.
Visit the Student Employment Portal (WCU Staff and Faculty ONLY!) to
- Submit a FWS Pre-Authorization request;
- Submit a student employee hiring request; or
- Submit a student employee rate change request.
- For any questions or issues, contact Student Payroll at PayrollStudent@wcupa.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
For mailing address changes, please use the Address Change Form available at https://wcupa.sharepoint.com/sites/AF/HR/Forms/SitePages/Home.aspx (Employees Only link) and email it to Payroll@wcupa.edu.
Employees can submit changes to existing direct deposit account through the ESS Portal. For instructions, visit PASSHE's Employee Payroll Support site (https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Pages/payroll.aspx) for the "Updating Direct Deposit / Bank Information" instructions.
To set up Payroll Direct Deposit, please contact the Payroll Office (Payroll@wcupa.edu). A payroll representative will provide instructions for submitting the appropriate form via the University's secure file transmission service.
Both the "Request to Hire" and "Student Hiring" forms and instructions can be found on the Budget Office website.
Visit Payroll's "Dual Compensation" site (Employee's Only link) for instructions on submitting a Dual Compensation request.