and External Affairs
University Advancement and External Affairs optimizes student success and community impact by cultivating partnerships, stewarding relationships, and creating robust engagement and experiential learning opportunities that prepare students to succeed throughout college and beyond.
- Implement a cohesive community engagement strategy that streamlines the fulfillment of institutional and departmental goals and objectives.
- Serve as a knowledge hub, intermediary, and resource for campus and community entities interested in establishing partnerships that contribute to the common good.
- Create partnerships to promote and facilitate community engagement opportunities designed to optimize both student success and community impact.
- Promote and provide avenues for equitable access and strategies to help ensure all students are aware of and have the ability to participate in community engagement opportunities. (e.g., high impact practices such as service-learning and internships).
- Enact advocacy efforts designed to support the success of students, the institution, and the community consistent with WCU’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Steward meaningful relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials and their offices toward fulfilling the University’s public mission.
- Expand alumni engagement, annual and planned giving by articulating WCU’s value and connecting donor intent to institutional priorities.
Meet The Vice President for University Advancement and External Affairs
Zebulun R. Davenport
Vice President for University Advancement and External Affairs
Dr. Zebulun Davenport is the Vice President for University Advancement and External Affairs at West Chester University. Davenport earned a Doctorate in Higher Education and Leadership from Nova Southeastern University, a Master of Education in College Student Personnel Administration, and a Bachelor of Science in Communications/Public Relations with a minor in Human Services from James Madison University. Davenport also received a Certificate in Fundraising Management from the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
Optimizing Student Success
AND EXTERNAL AFFAIRS Links and Resources