Transfer Credit Center: Non-WCU Credits

How do I get credit for college courses I took in high school?

In order to receive transfer credit for courses completed while in high school, or prior to your enrollment at WCU, you will need to have the official college transcript sent to the Registrar's Office.

Once we receive your transcript, the incoming courses will be evaluated and the transfer credit will be applied to your record, this process may take up to 2 weeks.

To view your transfer credits, log into your myWCU account and clink on the link: My Academics or Unofficial Transcript.

What is the process for taking courses off campus?

West Chester University students may take courses off campus and transfer the credit toward their degree. Please review the following guidelines:

  • Grades of D or above will be accepted for transfer.
  • Grades received in courses taken at other institutions are not calculated in the West Chester cumulative GPA. Only the credits are transferred.
  • Students must also meet all minimum grade requirements in courses they wish to have transfer toward their major and/or minor requirements.
    • The equivalency of the desired course must be established before the student takes the course off campus.
    • Prerequisites also must be met before courses will transfer back to West Chester University.
  • Students who took and completed a course at West Chester University may not repeat the course at another institution and have the credit count towards their West Chester degree.
  • The Office of the Registrar maintains a list of transfer equivalencies that have been established by the academic departments. West Chester University students who wish to take courses off campus must first check the list of established equivalencies to ensure the course has been approved for transfer. Search the Transfer Credit Equivalencies.
    • If students are interested in taking courses off campus that do not have an established equivalency, it is the student’s responsibility to have the chair of the West Chester University department that offers the course determine an equivalency.
  • All students are required to submit a completed Transfer Credit Permission Form to the Office of the Registrar prior to taking any courses off campus.