Young Writers/Young Readers Summer Camp
Young Writers/Young Readers
Summer Enrichment Camp
Celebrating our 39th year!
Camp Dates: July 10-13 and July 17-20
Location: Main Hall, West Chester University Campus
Cost: $300 (includes supplies and camp t-shirt)
Classes run Monday through Thursday for two weeks with no classes on Fridays.
We are offering two sessions. Mornings from 9am-12pm and Afternoons from 1pm-4pm
Our camp is for students who have completed 1st grade through 11th grade.
We apologize that we are unable to offer sibling discounts or refunds at this time.
What to expect at camp:
- Learning about the writing process in a relaxed camp environment
- Trying age-appropriate strategies & gaining confidence in your writing
- Composing, sharing, exploring multiple genres
- Editing and revising your work through peer review and instructor support
- Exploring quality children's literature
What camp is NOT:
- One on one tutoring
- A skill-and-drill setting
- Standardized test preparation
- Focused on a single genre of writing (i.e., essays for school)
Register for Young Writers/Young Readers Summer Camp
Questions? Email email@example.com
Please note this camp is non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student pick-up permission form
To make a donation to our Scholarship Fund go to www.wcufoundation.org. Designate Fund Number 2100-903FN West Chester Writing Project. Thank you!