Who Are We:
The Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is located at 114 W. Rosedale Avenue. Our office is open 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM (Monday-Friday).
The Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion provides leadership and expertise to West Chester University to advance its commitment to the principles of inclusivity, service, and academic excellence. Through programmatic and educational initiatives, collaborative partnerships, and outreach we cultivate an environment that welcomes all.
To become a national leader of inclusive excellence in higher education by leveraging internal and external partnerships.
- Monitor and support a positive campus climate
- Provide educational opportunities and facilitate training that promote a greater understanding of identities, inequities, multiculturalism, inclusion and social justice
- Enhance and support campus efforts to increase access, retention and success of faculty, staff and students from underrepresented groups.
- Monitor and recommend policies that promote an equitable learning and working environments free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity, Title IX and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through well-defined measures, procedures, data collection and analysis.
- Identify and advocate for resources which enhance institutional diversity initiatives across the university.
- DEI Data Dashboard Available through the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE)
- WCU Fact Book
- University Affirmative Action Plans (2019- present)
Campus Climate Survey
All students, faculty, staff, and administrators are invited to participate in the Spring 2022 Campus Climate Survey taking place January 31- March 4, 2022 WCU’s Campus Climate Survey asks students, faculty, and staff to reflect on their experiences at the University overall and as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Topics covered in the survey include a range of experiences related to learning and working at West Chester University campuses. We are strongly encouraging the participation of EVERYONE! The earlier you complete the survey, the more chances you have to win in the weekly giveaways.
Anti-Racism Working Group (ARWG)
- This initiative is funded through an Innovation in Diversity and Inclusion grant through the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- The Anti-Racism Working Group (ARWG) is an action-oriented community working to increase awareness and advocacy to overcome racism.
- WCU’s ARWG works collaboratively in three areas of action (1) education and dialogue, (2) policy and practice, and (3) scholarship and community engagement.
For complete details on how to get involved or to connect with antiracism resources visit the Anti-Racism Working Groups' website.