Presidential Search:Seeking Your Input
To: West Chester University Community
From: President Search
Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
Re: Presidential Search: Seeking Your Input
Forums for the President Needs Assessment with
Greenwood/Asher and Associates, Inc.
Location: SECC Ballrooms
Meeting ID: 981 6704 7552 | Passcode: 452419
|8:00 to 8:45||President's Cabinet||
Staff Open Forum
|9:00-9:45||Faculty Open Forum||Deans||Faculty Open Forum||Open Forum (Zoom)|
|10:00-10:45||Staff Open Forum||Athletics||Student Open Forum|
Council of Chairs
Curriculum & Academic Policies
|Council for Undergraduate Research
Research and Creative Activity Advisory Board
(Open to all interested in research)
|1:00-1:45||Staff Union Leadership||Moon Shot (Senior Leadership Team, Advisory Team, and Goal Team Members)
Veterans and Veterans' Center
|2:00-2:45||Sustainability Advisory Council||Staff Open Forum|
|3:00-3:45||Multicultural Faculty Commission
|Faculty Open Forum|
|4:00-4:45||Managers Open Forum||LGBTQIA+ University Caucus|
Foundation and Alumni Association
Center for Queer and Trans Advocacy
Borough University Township Group
Student Open Forum
Several forums will be held over a four-day period to collect the suggestions, recommendations, and advice of the campus community and community leaders. As we embark on the search for our next president, please share your thoughts with us in response to these five questions:
- What must our new president accomplish in the next three to five years to ensure continued success at WCU?
- What types of academic, professional, business, and/or community related experiences and qualifications are essential for a candidate to be viewed as a match for the culture of West Chester University? What personal skills are essential to this position?
- What are the key challenges and opportunities facing our next president?
- What do presidential candidates need to know about WCU? How do we excel? How can we improve?
- What are some points of pride about WCU that the next president should know about?
The search process can be tracked by visiting the Presidential Search web-site at: http://www.wcupa.edu/president-search/ If you cannot attend the forum please feel free to email your responses to Julie Holley at JulieHolley@greenwoodsearch.com by October 3, 2023. The search committee looks forward to receiving your feedback and your participation in this most important opportunity for constituent feedback.