Returning Students: WCU Housing FAQs for 2023-24 Academic Year
Who is considered a returning student?
A current West Chester University student who is returning for the Fall 2023 semester.
What is the WCU Housing application process/phases for returning students?
PHASE 1: November 15, 2022: 2023-24 academic year housing applications open for WCU Housing (accessed via myWCU)
PHASE 2: December 9, 2022: students who completed the WCU Housing application (Phase 1) will be notified of their status to participate in the room selection process.
PHASE 3: Once a student selects a room placement, they will be required to sign the WCU 2023-2024 Occupancy Agreement and secure their selection with a $200 deposit within two weeks. Failure to complete this phase of the process will result in the loss of the room placement and removal from the WCU housing process.
I was denied moving on to Phase 2. What's next?
If you wish to remain in our process to be considered for housing as space becomes available, you have the option to complete our 2023-2024 Request to House form, which is available from 12 noon (EST) January 9, 2023, to 12 noon (EST) February 1, 2023.
You may complete the Request to House form by visiting: MyWCU --> Personal Information --> myHousing --> "2023-2024 Request to House form."
Please be aware, completion of the Request to House form is not a guarantee you will receive an on-campus assignment. If you no longer wish to be considered for WCU Housing, there are no action steps for you at this time.
I received confirmation to move on to Phase 2. What's next?
Phase 2 will begin on Monday, January 9, 2023, and conclude on Wednesday, February 1, 2023. The following information describes a timeline and corresponding expected actions you must take to obtain a housing assignment. Failure to complete any action within the designated timeframe will result in you being placed on a housing waitlist:
- Monday, January 9, 2023 – Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - Complete the Returning Student Application 2023-24. You may access this application via MyWCU --> Personal Information --> myHousing --> "Returning Student Application 2023-24." The form will be accessible beginning on Monday, January 9, 2023 and will close on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
- Monday, January 9, 2023 – Friday, February 10, 2023 – Roommate selection process occurs. You will receive more information later.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 – You will receive an email that includes your designated date and time to make your housing selection. Housing selection dates will be: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, Wednesday, February 22, 2023, or Thursday, February 23, 2023.
- Once you make a housing selection, you must confirm your on-campus assignment by proceeding to the final phase, Phase 3. This phase requires you to sign the 2023-2024 WCU Housing Occupancy Agreement and deposit $200 to secure your assignment. Students will have two weeks to complete Phase 3. Deposits must be received no later than March 10, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Should any of the above actions not be completed within the designated timelines, you will be moved to a housing waitlist.
Am I able to apply to USH Managed Housing?
USH is currently accepting requests for housing. Visit the USH Housing Portal
If you are approved to move forward in the process, USH will provide you with further instructions via email to complete your housing application.
How do I find housing off campus?
The Office of Off Campus and Commuter Services is here to help:
- Off-Campus and Commuter Services Website – Best practices for the move off-campus, including signing leases, budgeting, and decision-making
- WCU Official Off-Campus Housing Website – Search for rentals, look for and request roommates, and find sublets
- Unofficial Facebook Group – Students searching for housing and roommates
- Local apartment List
I no longer need on-campus housing. How do I remove my application from WCU Housing or USH Managed Housing?
You may cancel your application via the WCU Housing portal or the USH Housing portal.
Am I able to select a roommate?
Roommate matching info will follow. Students can expect this communication on or about January 9, 2023.
I want to live on campus, but I didn’t complete the 2023-24 Returning Student Request for Housing in November, what can I do now?
Students may complete the Returning Student 2023-24 Waitlist Application for WCU Housing by visiting: MyWCU → Personal Information → myHousing → “Returning Student 2023-24 Waitlist Application for WCU Housing form”
How will the 2023-2024 Request to House form for Returning Students be utilized?
If spaces become available, students that submitted a 2023-2024 Request to House form for Returning Students will contacted in the order that the form was completed. Date and time of submission will determine the order students are contacted to see if they are still interested in WCU on campus housing.