WCU is here to help you during this time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and we will be happy to assist you.
All graduate programs require the following:
- Completed application form submitted online.
- One official transcript from every college and university attended (except West Chester University). The official transcript should be sent directly from the Registrar's Office to the West Chester University Graduate School.
- A written statement of your professional goals. The quality of your statement is of critical importance to the success of your application for admission. Several programs have specific requirements for the essay. Please refer to Requirements for Programs of Study and Degrees Offered.
- Please list at least two persons, such as a college professor or employment supervisor, who can attest to your academic or professional skills. Some programs may require 3 letters (see specific requirements for each program)
In addition, some programs require the following (see specific requirements for each program):
- Graduate Record Examination (General and/or Advanced) and/or the Graduate Management Admissions Test. Upon your request, test scores are sent by the originating source (e.g., Educational Testing Service) directly to the Graduate School office.
- Two letters of recommendation for degree and certificate programs. Check individual program requirements for special instructions or requirements. (Some programs require 3 letters.)
- An audition (music applicants only)
- Any supplemental information (e.g., forms, writing samples required by department)
- A few departments may require a personal interview as part of the application process.
Where to Send Your Application Supplemental Materials
All corresponding materials should be sent directly to:
The Graduate School
McKelvie Hall, 102 W. Rosedale Avenue
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383-2600
The applicant is responsible for assuring that all necessary materials are received by The Graduate School office by the recommended application deadlines.
All application materials become the property of West Chester University and may not be returned or forwarded to another institution.
A $50 fee must be paid online when submitting your application. The application fee is nonrefundable and cannot be credited toward any charges if you subsequently register as a student. The on-line application cannot be processed without credit card information.
Graduate Assistantships offer graduate students at West Chester University an opportunity to work in Academic affairs, Student Affairs, and Administrative Services areas. Students selected for graduate assistantships awards will receive tuition remission in 3 credit units (each unit requiring 5 hours of work per week) and a stipend of $625 per 3 credit unit. Please note, students are responsible for any additional fees charged in excess of tuition. For questions about the Graduate Assistantship process, contact Graduate Assistantships.
Applicants who have been accepted into a degree program should contact the graduate coordinator of that program to inquire about the availability of an assistantship. Assistantships are also offered by the Center for Academic Excellence, Residence Life and Housing, the Academic Computing Center, and other offices. Please contact these offices or the Graduate School office for additional information.
Students interested in receiving a graduate assistantship must apply no later than April 15 for fall semester and October 15 for spring semester. Please check the appropriate field on the application.